Internal Audit Director
Consultant Natacha Garnier
Date posted 06 October 20192019-10-06 2019-12-05 hospitality-and-catering Doha Marina District, Lusail City QA 00000 AED 20000 25000 25000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ae https://www.robertwalters.ae/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a globel hotel owner based in Doha, Qatar is currently looking for an Internal Audit Director.
Reporting to the CEO and managing a high performing team; this role is responsible for the following:
- Reviews and initially approves the Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Develops the Annual Internal Audit Plan of the division using the risk-based approach, the budget and submit it to the Board of Directors/ Audit Committee for final approval.
- Develops the Charter and submits it to the Board of Directors/ Audit committee for approval.
- Formulates the internal audit strategy and approves the internal audit policies & procedures in line with the Internal Audit Standards.
- Approves the audit assignment forms.
- Obtains & maintains an adequate, qualified and competent professional staff.
- Approves standards for measuring the work performance suggested by the managers.
- Develops a formal reporting system in order to communicate results of audits to the top management and the Board of Directors / Audit Committee.
- Follows-up the progress and implementation of the plan.
- Communicates on an annual basis to the Board of Directors/ Audit Committee a report on the status of Annual Audit Plan.
- Communicates to the Director General the final reports including findings, recommendations, related responses & date of execution.
- Reports on the evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control, safeguarding of assets, using of resources, risk management process and compliance with policies & procedures.
- Manages and follows-up on the internal audit budget development and operational expenses with the Internal Audit Managers.
- Approves the proposed reporting system for follow-up.
- Follows-up with the managers action plans to address issues raised in the internal audit reports.
- Monitors the work of the Division to ensure that appropriate control mechanisms are in place and in accordance with the Internal Audit Standards.
- Liaises regularly with management in order to understand ongoing strategic changes in business activities and developments.
- Follows-up and provides guidance and support to the team members.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all Divisions, external agencies and service providers in order to support the smooth provision of the internal audit.
- Supervises special assignments when requested by the Board of Directors / Audit Committee.