Group Technical Accounting Head - Based in Jordan
Consultant Omer Zakaria
Date posted 28 February 2018Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in an international assignement with a FTSE listed company to be based in Jordan. Our client is a global multinational, listed in the london stock exchnage looking to recruit a Group Technical Accounting Head / expert to be based in Amman, Jordan. The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete documentation of accounting judgements and providing technical accounting support to the group accounting team
In addition, the group technical accounting head position will also be responsible to ensure that high quality, accurate and insightful accounting information and advice is provided to the group company. The position requires the candidate to be very strong in technical accounting processes and documentations.
- Document all accounting judgements in proper accounting memos
- Discuss and agree accounting memos with management and external auditors
- Review all newly published accounting standards and best accounting practices and their consequences on Group company accounts
- Review all draft agreements before they are finally signed off by any group entity to make sure all accounting consequences are fully analyzed and taken into consideration;
- Provide the accounting and finance team with regular updates and training on new accounting standards
- Perform quality review on monthly, half yearly and annual accounts
- Refresh and periodically revise accounting policy manual and ensure local finance teams are familiar with the manual as a source of guidance
- Perform “deep dive” reviews of specialized or complex accounting areas e.g., equity-based compensation, earnings per share, hedging instruments etc. to ensure accounting and controls are appropriate
- Work with the wider Finance community to ensure smooth implementation of new accounting standards and to strengthen controls.
- Ensuring accounting systems are fit for purpose
- The group technical accounting head candidate will be someone with 10-15 years public and/or private accounting experience with international exposure, ideally with a listed company
- Well rounded technical financial accounting experience with a large PLC.
- Experience in FMCG,Pharmaceutical or manufacturing industry preferred
- Masters degree in finance or accounting qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA preferred)
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter, motivated and capable of working on their own initiative.
- Proficient in MS Office. Knowledge of SAP based financial and accounting systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles, including IFRS standards.
- Must have listed company experience and working exposure in Europe or UK.