Regional Finance Director
Location Abu Dhabi
Consultant Conor McHugh
Date posted 12 July 2018Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
We are looking to recruit a Regional Finance Director of the MENA Region (Middle East and North Africa) in a multinational engineering company based in UAE. The successful candidate will report directly in to the Executive Vice President of the MENA Region and will be an active member of the regional leadership team, playing a key role in strategic direction, as well as commercial decisions of the region. The role entails full responsibility for the regional requirements for control of accounting, financial and management reporting, monitoring internal controls, process improvements and management of the finance function, and taking full responsibility for the annual external audit process. The role holder will need to possess sound technical skills as well as the ability to be a Finance Business Partner, adding commercial understanding to key stakeholders.
- Finance Function: ensure the Region finance team are appropriately resourced and possess the skills required to support the demands of the business.
- Project Accounting: ensuring accurate monthly reporting of project performance, identifying all material issues relating to revenue recognition of long term contracts.
- Financial Accounting: delivery of timely and accurate monthly accounts for all companies in region with commentary highlighting significant issues impacting performance.
- Business Processes: ensure that all business processes and procedures are regularly reviewed and optimal for the changing demands of the business.
- Credit management: review, reporting and appropriate action of debtor and unbilled revenue balances.
- Budgets & Costs: managing the annual budget and forecasting process for the region.
- Strategy: the ability to offer both short term operational views but also longer term strategy in line with business objectives.
- Treasury, credit & risk: preparation of cash flow forecasts for the region.
- Annual External Audit: take full responsibility for managing the external audit process in the region.
- Tax: ensure all tax returns and compliance is up to date for all entities within the region.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- Experience of operating in an international environment and managing remote teams.
- Experience of the oil and gas / engineering sector
- A 'hands-on’ approach is essential with experience of leading a finance function
- Financial reporting experience under IFRS and familiarity with key accounting judgements for engineering services businesses and accounting for long term projects
- A proven track record in managing numerous projects at the same time
- Flexibility for travel across the MENA Region and to Head Office in London
- Proficient use of Excel (ie creating pivot tables and lookup functions etc.)
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualified ideally with over ten years post-qualified experience.