Global Compliance Manager
Consultant Conor McHugh
Date posted 12 October 2018 2018-10-122018-12-11 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
An exciting opportunity with an international logistic company based in Dubai, UAE. The client is looking for Group Compliance Manager and experience in logistic industry. The successful candidate is responsible for standard setting, implementation of standards and maintenance of a system to ensure broad compliance in the local stations and throughout the Group.
- Maintenance of the internal control environment aimed towards strict compliance with IFRS, statutory accounting rules and company policies and procedures
- Review and continually improve accounting policies and procedures, ensure appropriate communication of changes across all departments.
- Risk Management: development, implementation and operation of a comprehensive risk management process
- Standard Setting / Best Practices: identification, creation, improvement and documentation of Group policies and standards on, amongst others, operations, accounting and reporting
- Implementation and embedding of Group standards in the local stations
- Compliance: design a system of checks and balances to ensure compliance with Group standards as well as legal, tax and other relevant regulations, company wide
- Act as the expert to support finance teams within the Group and be the point of contact with the Regional Finance team’s for any Group standard and compliance matters.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- Graduate calibre with a likely minimum of 10+ years post qualified finance experience – with some years working in a logistics environment.
- Expert knowledge of risk management, audit principles and compliance.
- Exposure to all aspects of the Finance function, including accounting, financial analysis, consolidation and management/statutory reporting.
- Pragmatic writer/designer of policies, standards and short and clear procedures and instructions.
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen and a creative problem solver.
- Time/Project Management, Meeting Deadlines. Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise.
- Results orientated with a track record of delivering, problem-solving and identifying new ways of working.
- Ability to build trusting and effective relationships with stakeholders and partners to effect business change.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Accounting Qualification (CA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Bachelor Degree.
- Previous experience of working for an Accountancy Big 4 Organization.
- Logistics industry experience.