Senior Manager/ Manager - VAT
Location Saudi Arabia
Consultant Omer Zakaria
Date posted 30 July 2018Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
We are seeking to recruit Senior Manager/ Manager - VAT to provide a wide range of VAT advisory and compliance services to a large portfolio of clients and to manage all aspects of VAT engagements. To grow and develop the business unit by targeting new clients, developing new products/service offerings and building on existing client relationships. To mentor, train and grow teams.
- Drafting and review of VAT opinions on various issues, including inward and outbound investments, treaty interpretation, mergers and acquisitions and listings/IPO.
- Assisting with transaction services, including tax due diligence, deal structuring and implementation, and post deal implementation tax assistance.
- Responsibility for managing the VAT compliance review process for a large number of corporate tax clients.
- Develop relevant tools and processes to assist and improve compliance work flow.
- Preparing responses to and liaison with relevant tax authorities.
- Keeping up to date with changes to legislation relating to the relevant VAT legislation and disseminating tax information to the team and clients.
- Ensuring that all engagements are compliant with firm risk management procedures.
- Analyze problems, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and integrate information.
- Providing leadership and direction to designated teams.
- Mentoring and guiding junior employees.
- Evaluating performance of team.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realize their full potential.
- Acting as a first choice point of contact for clients and managing project costs, raising fees and agreeing dates for cash collection.
- Building strong relationships with existing clients and actively engaging in business development initiatives, including preparing for and presenting tax seminars, training and lectures and writing press articles and tax newsletters.
- Ensuring effective and timeous communication with clients on tax engagements.
- Drafting key documents such as tax opinions, tax due diligence reports, tax computations, etc, and presenting to clients.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Able to understand and interpret VAT regulations and laws.
- Able to take a commercial view on advice.
- Highly analytic.
- Strong business development skills/experience.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Arabic an advantage.
- Able to clearly communicate in a concise manner.
- Graduate with a GPA of 3 / 4 or above, preferably in an Accounting or Law related degree.
- 8 -10 Years relevant work experience in a VAT Advisory role
- Qualified Tax Accountant or Tax Lawyer
- Proven business development experience