Director Indirect Tax
Consultant Ohood Sabbagh
Date posted 09 September 2018 2018-09-092018-11-08 accountancy Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
To provide a wide range of VAT advisory and compliance services to a large portfolio of clients and to manage all aspects of VAT engagements. To grow and develop the business unit by targeting new clients, developing new products/service offerings and building on existing client relationships.
- Drafting and review of VAT opinions on various issues, including inward and outbound investments, treaty interpretation, mergers and acquisitions and listings.
- Assisting with transaction services, including tax due diligences, deal structuring and implementation, and post deal implementation tax assistance.
- Responsibility for managing the VAT compliance review process for a large number of corporate tax clients.
- Develop relevant tools and processes to assist and improve compliance workflow.
- Preparing responses to and liaison with relevant tax authorities.
- Management of a client portfolio and liaison with overseas counterparts to ensure global service criteria are met.
- Keeping up to date with changes to legislation relating to the relevant VAT legislation and disseminating tax information to the team and clients.
- Ensuring that all engagements are compliant with firm risk management procedures.
- Analyze problems, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and integrate information
- Providing leadership and direction to designated teams.
- Mentoring and guiding junior employees.
- Evaluating performance of team.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realize their full potential.
- Keeping managers and partners up to date with the progress of engagements and team members.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
- Acting as a first choice point of contact for clients and managing project costs, raising fees and agreeing dates for cash collection.
- Building strong relationships with existing clients and actively engaging in business development initiatives, including preparing for and presenting tax seminars, training and lectures and writing press articles and tax newsletters.
- Ensuring effective and timeous communication with clients on tax engagements.
- Drafting key documents such as tax opinions, tax due diligence reports, tax computations, etc, and presenting to clients.
- Targeting and securing new clients, with a specific focus on non-audit clients and seeking
- new opportunities from existing clients.
- Cross selling of tax work and ability to identify opportunities for other business units.
- Identify opportunities to develop new ''products'' to market to clients.
- Bachelors degree
- 8 - 10 years of VAT experience
- Qualified accountant
- Motivate tax teams
- Team player
- Fluent in English
- Ideally Arabic speaker
- Able to effectively communicate complicated tax consequences
- Working under pressure