Senior Compliance Officer
Salary AED35000 - AED40000 per annum
Location Abu DhabiFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicholas Jones
Date posted 17 March 2019 2019-03-172019-05-16 banking Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE AED 35000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ae
A Global Payment business is expanding into the region and opening new offices in Abu Dhabi. We are seeking an experienced Financial Crime Professional with knowledge of not only the Financial Crime prevention requirements facing Financial Institutions and investment firms, but also having a good understanding of regulatory compliance requirement. It is desired for the candidate to have experience of working in a global and fast paced business environment.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5-6 years of Financial Crime compliance experience gained within a financial services firm, ideally within a Corporate Bank. Addressing Financial Crime risk from an Operations team experience may also be appropriate for the role.
- Acting as appointed Senoir Compliance Officer and MLRO before Regulatory authorities
- Keeping senior management up to date on regulatory change and relevant implications.
- Provide regulatory, risk and Financial Crime compliance advice to the business and management on a range of regulatory issues, including process enhancements and controls and new product developments
- Provide face to face training to the business
- Design, write and implement compliance and AML frameworks, policies, procedures, processes and systems
- Manage compliance and regulatory projects, including implementation of legislation / regulation locally
- Be first point of contact for internal suspicious activity reports
- Ensuring compliance breaches are readily identified, reported and that action plans are put in place to address the same.
- Be first point of contact for the regulator and financial intelligence unit when submitting external suspicious activity reports
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Firm’s AML policies, procedures, systems and controls including compliance with UN sanctions and international, governmental and regulatory findings.
- Liaise with and report to regulatory agencies, as required
- Design and conduct periodic risk assessments / compliance monitoring and testing, and thereafter produce reports and complete and close any corrective action plans
- Help implement the compliance training and monitoring plans and ensure that employees and management are aware of the compliance requirements
- Investigate, record and ensure timely and effective responses to customer complaints and any policy breaches, including developing the necessary corrective solutions
- Provide advice and help train and manage the local sales team
- Advising on appropriateness of policies, procedures, systems and controls.
- Work closely with technology teams to identify and implement automated solutions to continually enhance compliance processes
- Keep abreast of key regulatory changes which may impact on the firm’s businesses
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting
- Completion of the AML annual return.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Experience providing Financial Crime compliance advice is a must
- Experience designing and Implementing Financial Crime Frameworks
- Experience reviewing and updating Financial Crime / AML Policies
- Experience submitting suspicious activity reports
- Experience working in a global environment
- Personable, with ability to work well within a team environment and build relationships
- Experience with anti-bribery and corruption requirements and training for staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with the following: DFSA and FSRA rulebooks as well as UAE Federal Laws concerning AML and CTF.
- Ability to deal with problems in a practical and common-sense way, and make sound decisions (commercial approach and understanding of issues facing the firm)
- Ability to work with a degree of independence and autonomy
- Good attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality advice
- Academic qualifications in Law or Compliance including professional qualifications from ICA or CISI and/or ACAMS.
This role is based in Abu Dhabi and the sucessful candidate will need to be based here and not be commuting from Dubai.