Location Abu DhabiFULL_TIME
Consultant Oscar Orellana-Hyder
Date posted 20 November 20192019-11-28 2020-01-19 banking Abu Dhabi, UAE Abu Dhabi Al Maryah Island - Al Maqam Tower AE 00000 AED 40000 45000 45000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ae https://www.robertwalters.ae/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the accounting operations of the business for such areas as general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, and expense reimbursements.
- Keeping an adequate system of accounting records for the company's reported financial results on a monthly basis
- Accountable with statutory reporting requirements in the UAE, and the related statutory audits
- Ensure that reported results comply with international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Dealing with the production of the annual budget, forecasts, and actual vs budget reporting in coordination with corporate Financial Planning & Analysis
- Ensure accurate cash management and risk management working closely with Treasury
- Liaise with the outsourced tax consultant for the annual tax compliance filings and tax provisions
- Appoint and administer an outsourced accounting team and tax advisors and potentially hire in-house personnel to replace the outsourced services.
- Work closely with the management team as the finance team member
- Coordinate with to ensure local policies are in alignment with both local Middle East and corporate expectations
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field
- 7+ years in a previous position at a financial institution or a financial technology (fintech) company, with at least 3 years in a management position
- Comprehensive expertise of the Middle East financial environment, including accounting standards, regulations, etc.
- CA, CPA and ACCA Qualified
- Experience in any of the following industries: banking, brokerage firms, cryptocurrency, or exchanges with a preference towards cryptocurrency
- Experienced in collaborating with stakeholders at all levels across technical and non-technical groups
- Skilled to lead in a growing company environment with focused and hardworking individuals
- Knowledge of ERP systems such as Netsuite, Oracle or SAP, and Microsoft Office or Google Suite applications required
- Fluency in Arabic and English