Relationship Manager - Commodity Finance
Salary AED25000 - AED35000 per month
Consultant Nicholas Jones
Date posted 25 August 20192019-08-25 2019-10-24 banking Dubai Dubai Happiness Street AE 506851 AED 25000 35000 35000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ae https://www.robertwalters.ae/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client a leading Banking with European Head Offices are looking to hire an experienced Relationship Manager - Commodity Finance, it is essential they have a strong focus in Commodity space. The candidate must already be based here in UAE with an established book of clients.
Key responsibilities of Relationship Manager:
- Provide administrative and technical support to team to enable the effective development and management of their customer relationships.
- Provide credit support to colleagues by preparing information and analysis as directed by senior team members.
- Manage day to day client relationships, under the supervision of team, by identifying and understanding client needs and delivering the best ideas, solutions and products to originate commodity finance and ancillary business within the group
- Contribute to high level analysis of client strategy using this in conjunction with market analysis to develop client recommendations and rationales for credit approval.
- Contribute to business development activities including meeting new clients and leading pitches and proposals for deals.
- Prepare and support financial analysis and credit applications as directed by senior team members
- Conduct straight forward data analysis and data manipulation to enable interpretation of figures, patterns and trends.
- Run financial scenarios following precedent models to identify simple patterns and trends, to provide senior managers with information to support decision making.
- Conduct research from a range of generalised and specialist sources, extracting relevant information and summarising data to inform decision making at more senior levels.
- Review Facility and Security documentation accepting accountability for straightforward commercial aspects and referring to senior team members for more complex issues. Additionally to liaise with European Legal Office and/or external legal counsel for their areas of responsibility to ensure that commercial and legal aspects meet internal standards.
- Contribute to the development, adaptation and application of policy, procedures and analysis to ensure a relevant, compliant and rigorous approach to the management of any risk which can negatively affect the portfolio.
- Liaise with internal counterparts throughout group and with external counterparts at clients to gather relevant information to support decision making and planning..
- 5-7 years commodity trade finance (as RM or credit analyst) or banking experience
- Experience at a well-known CF Bank as an RM
- Background in Credit Risk Analysis or operations
Skills and experience:
- Detailed knowledge of specific commodity trade finance products/procedures and a general understanding of the business are.
- Computer literacy, including core Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong quantitative / numerical skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients