Director, Asset Management
Consultant Omer Zakaria
Date posted 15 June 2018Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
We are looking for a privately owned investment group with a global mandate and a diversified portfolio of holdings across the Middle East and international markets. Our client owns companies in a number of sectors, including: Real Estate, Mortgage, Banking, Insurance and Technology. Our investments and operations across the world, with a higher focus on the GCC. The role is based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reporting directly to the GM, the incumbent of this role will be required to manage listed equities and their related derivatives for the business with an emphasis on the global markets, as well as manage a team of traders ensuring the optimal and small team structure for our needs.
Functions (to include but not limited to);
- Advise shareholders on assets allocation, investment decision, portfolio management, equity research, market research, economic data, etc
- To execute and manage global listed equity transactions as well as their associated derivatives
- Responsible for the development and implementation of group investment strategies, including asset allocation, portfolio construction, stock selection, trading and risk management, aimed at generating strong risk adjusted investment performance.
- Formulate Country/Sector/Industry allocation views; monitor and manage performance of portfolio and risk composition to identify key drivers of risk.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies to manage risk while optimizing and enhancing portfolio performance. Continual improvement of the investment process.
- Built mentor and lead an investment team of best-of-breed resources to provide investment leadership on all asset classes.
- Communicate investment strategy, portfolio reviews and performance attribution to Board members.
- Develop economic views and formulate global investment strategy and advice to the Shareholders. In-depth knowledge of local and global economic trends.
- Establish a network of contacts with International and local institutional investors for sourcing investment opportunities.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities in context with the strategic business development for the company.
- Produce monthly reports to stakeholders, that will include overview of the market, key drivers to be watched, economical events, outlook on SSE.
- Minimum of ten years’ in the Saudi equity market. Candidate must be based in Saudi Arabia with a transferable Iqama.
- CFA preferred
- Ideally Arabic speaker
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills with a proven history in managing a team
- Pro-active and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure, managing conflicting priorities
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team