Chief of Staff
Consultant Omer Zakaria
Date posted 28 August 2018 2018-08-282018-10-27 not-for-profit-and-charities Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
An excellent Chief of Staff job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia has just arisen with a non profit organization. The Chief of Staff plans and manages the day-to-day operations of the Secretary General Office, and ensures that the Secretary General is fully supported in his activities.
The position of Chief of Staff of the Office is a high profile position within the organization and is expected to have a significant impact on the operations. The position’s remit includes a broad range of responsibilities: Managing and Overseeing of the Office, being the Initial Point of Contact between the Secretary General and internal and external stakeholders, and managing the broader agenda of the Secretary General
- Manage Secretary General’s calendar, with support from the Executive Assistant, balancing multiple priorities and control access to the Secretary General’s office.
- Streamline decision making process in Secretary General meetings, primarily by ensuring that decisions are made at the right level
- Support the Secretary General in liaising with government and private sector entities
- Directly handle interactions with external entities, on request by the Secretary General himself, on tasks that are highly delicate in nature and require both skill and discretion.
- Manage Secretary General’s correspondence as directed by the Secretary General and with support from the Office Editor.
- Oversee preparation of Secretary General domestic and international trips, making sure that schedule is in place, briefings are prepared, required support is available 24/7 (locally and at the office), and protocol are in place.
- Oversee preparation of prominent guests’ visits to Saudi Arabia making sure that every detail is cared for and meetings with Secretary General are carefully prepared, with support from the Hospitality Officer and Executive Assistant.
- Manage archiving process for all physical and digital materials related to Secretary General’s activities across all entities where he is involved.
- Manage the introduction of appropriate tools for calendar management, tasks management, contacts management and archiving.
- Bachelor’s Degree with high academic achievements in Political Science, International Relations Business or Communications
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience working closely and influencing executive level leaders
- Previous experience as Chief of Staff in a government entity (ministry or agency) or private sector company
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken and written)