Fire Fighting Expert
Consultant Jason Grundy
Date posted 24 June 20192019-06-24 2019-08-23 utilities Riyadh SA AED 50000 100000 100000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ae https://www.robertwalters.ae/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Job Objective Main objective for the fire fighting expert is to ensure effective and efficient policies to ensure safety of the Company’s employees and assets and to prevent hazards related to fire incidents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop, review and update Fire Safety Policy and management system.
Develop Emergency management & Incident Command System according to the requirements of International codes and local authorities Directives.
Develop Fire Risk Assessment Management System & conduct Fire Risk Assessments
Develop Fire Investigation procedure for fires and explosions and contribute in investigation committees of major incident
Trigger and manage project in the area of fire fighting. This includes:
Setting up of targets and KPIs to track implementation for projects
Engage with projects to identify issues (beyond mere status updates)
Prioritize efforts based on size of impact and degree of difficulty in execution
Manage risks, issues and interdependencies including escalation to senior management when necessary
Trigger issue resolution and course corrections as needed
Support the Executive VP in engaging with key internal and external stakeholders.
Coach and mentor selected high performers in the organization.
Conduct the agreed number of crisis drills and update the existing crisis management plan
Conduct the agreed number of training programs to qualify fire Engineers in the areas of fire risk assessments, fire incident investigation, emergency management and fire projects review and commissioning
Conduct induction training for the employees of the company and its subsidiaries
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering discipline.
- Certification as safety / firefighting consultant from International recognized entity
- Minimum 10 years of experience in safety / firefighting field
- Experience in large utilities company
- Experience in all relevant NFPA codes, International Building Code, International Fire Code, and other International codes, standards and procedures related to fire fighting
- Expertise in analyzing and determining causes of major fires, explosions
- Preferably with experience in GCC member countries
- Strategic planning capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership and proven track record of leading complex, multidisciplinary talent teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions
- Proven record of effective leadership, ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision