Data Scientist Manager
Consultant Jessica Newman
Date posted 20 June 2018Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
A leading global professional services firm is seeking a Data Scientist Manager to support the exciting growth of the Kingdom and lead the development of all data-driven transformation projects.
As a Data Scientist Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Use of big data analytics and machine learning to engage a variety of client projects within marketing, customer intelligence, risk management etc.
- Design and execute remedial strategies focusing on data-centric business problems
- Management of large data sets using Hadoop framework and other advanced analytical techniques
- Test working hypotheses and analyse historical data to identify patterns and report trends
- Store, process and manipulate data using new analytic technologies
- Provide support and strategic technical insight during internal meetings
You will have the following skill set:
- Masters or Ph.D in Computer Science or similar field
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, R, Scala
- Proven experience with applying advanced analytical techniques to large and varied data sets
- Strong understanding of Big Data frameworks like Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Proven experience in advanced visualisation techniques
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with key stakeholders
We encourage candidates from all nationalities to apply to be considered for this opportunity to contribute to a growing team and add value by applying your skills in a commercial context.