Regional IT Specialist
Consultant Jessica Newman
Date posted 28 November 20192019-11-29 2020-01-27 retail Dubai Dubai DIFC AE AED 20000 25000 25000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ae https://www.robertwalters.ae/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is a leading global luxury retail firm in Dubai. They’re looking for a polished Regional IT Specialist. As a Regional IT Specialist, you will support and maintain technical and application IT services across the MENA region.
As a Regional IT Specialist, other responsibilities will include:
- Guarantee IT support and training on relevant systems.
- Collect emerging needs and inputs from users.
- Suggest immediate smart solutions where applicable.
- Suggest actions for service improvements to the EMEA IT.
- Locally deploy system/hardware/application upgrades requested from Corporate IT and propose relevant improvements to Corporate IT.
- Negotiate with suppliers of hardware, network and services to optimise costs and quality.
- Support the EMEA IT responsible to define and control the relevant budget.
- Support the implementation, as Project Manager, of local Information System & Technology (IS&T) projects.
- Propose innovative solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of business processes.
As a Regional IT Specialist, you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
- Proven experience in supporting users in a retail or luxury firm is beneficial.
- Knowledge of main operational flows and procedures related to applications.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of multiple Business Application modules.
- Innovative thinker with bright ideas.
- Must be well presented with excellent verbal communication skills
- Very good Microsoft Office skills in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, ideally MCP certificate.
- Passion for people, technology, service and IT processes and be able to see the big picture as well as the finer details of the IT environment.
- Strong customer focus combined with negotiation skills and ability to execute.
- Familiar with industry standard systems and concepts (Windows environments – AD and Exchange, Microsoft Office Applications, Printing, Telephony, Network and IT security).