Associate Digital & Data Science
Consultant Faisal Saqallah
Date posted 25 July 2022dubai information-technology/data-scientist 2022-07-25 2022-09-23 telecommunications Dubai Dubai Dubai, UAE AE 00000 MTN https://www.robertwalters.ae/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/MTN_1.png
MTN, a globally recognised employer brand is looking for an Associate Digital & Data Science to join their team.Will be responsible for executing the digital strategy & identifying opportunities for bringing in efficiencies and effectiveness within the procurement value chain through building the relevant data models. Focusing on enhancing operational excellence by leveraging data analysis to construct strategic narratives, setting up best-in-class automated systems, promote the use of new digital technologies within GSSC and Opcos.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of the GSSC's digital strategy, which includes automation and the best-in-class solutions for the procurement life cycle.
- Support the creation of the implementation plan and oversee the upkeep of the present systems and tools with Principal Digital & Data Science.
- Execute the Digital procurement initiatives by understanding, planning for, and realizing the strategic business opportunities presented by information technology, with the guidance of the CoE & POD Global leads
- Ensure delivery efficiency and efficient governance by facilitating system deployment and process enablement to support the application of SCM best practices.
- Drive data requirements and serve as the GSSC's single point of contact (SPOC) for the deployment of MTN Boost/Fusion.
- As a part of CoE, provide insights and innovative practices for digital interventions for managing to spend, predicting demand, future sources of supply etc. with an understanding of its impact on procurement’s bottom line & other MTN functions to strengthen decision making
- As a data scientist, collect and analyze big data, develop combinations of scripts, functions, and workflows to modify data, convey senior leadership insights, and support decision-making using data.
- Assist the teams in developing a range of insightful recommendations by helping them analyze complex concepts or proposals.
- Assist various chapters in setting up analytics packs/dashboards using visualization tools for effective management reporting and work collaboratively with the stakeholders to create meaningful analysis
- While working in sprints with the respective category squads, identify inefficiencies within the processes and provide expert guidance and advisory services on how to improve sourcing processes by introducing digital solutions within each squad.
- Participate in sprint planning sessions on behalf of Procurement Excellence CoE and incorporate specific agendas related to process improvement, digitization, process governance etc., as guided by the Global Lead Procurement Excellence CoE and Principal Digital & Data Science
- As a part of Sprint review sessions, review multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations to identify revenue growth opportunities for GSSC
- As a part of sprint retrospective, ensure transparent and better service delivery to the business units by identifying procurement inefficiencies by providing relevant data insights to Global Leads CoE / POD.
- Attend daily stand-ups and discuss bottlenecks & focus areas identified
- Support Change Management activities to prepare PODs / Squads / Opco procurement teams for deployment and adoption of new tools and technology (Change Program, ways of working & organizational alignment, Communications, Trainings…)
- Provide guidance and advisory services to the Opco Procurement teams in developing digital interventions and optimizing the procurement processes for day-to-day operations
- Minimum 4-year Academic Degree Computer Science or similar engineering discipline / BSc: Mathematics or Physics Degree preferred)
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, STEM or Physics and/or equivalent professional qualification (Preferred)
- 3 – 5 years of relevant working experience
- 2 – 3 years of relevant working and managerial experience in leveraging data analysis to construct strategic narratives
- Strong experience with Machine Learning algorithms, techniques, and tools
- Experience working in a medium to large organization, managing Digital Procurement / Process Excellence
- Experience working across global locations/ regions and have a grasp of political, social, infrastructure and integrity challenges
- More than 3 years of experience with programming languages such as R, Python, or Java
- Experience in continuous improvement through the implementation of best digital practices (SCM)
Industry / Certifications (Advantageous)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
- Six Sigma certification (advantageous)
- Certification in RPA / AI / ML etc. (For ex: Automation anywhere, Blue Prism etc.)
Salary: NegotiableLocation: DubaiDate posted: 28 July 2022A leading cloud managed services provider company is looking for an Enterpise Account Director * Responsible for selling Services on Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP) * Generate sales leads and qualify opportunities * Collaborate with partners to capture accounts and opportunities * Maintain and updating CRM data for assigned clients