IT Infrastructure & Operations - AVP
Consultant Mirza Baig
Date posted 09 September 2018 2018-09-092018-11-08 financial-services Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
Senior Infrastructure role with a global financial service provider, based in Bahrain. Operations spread across the Middle East, Europe, SE Asia and North America. You will support the business functions as well as design and architect dispersed technologies. Strong communication skills with international experience and leadership skills is essential. Relocation will be provided – international candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Contribute and help drive a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques
- Contribute to the development of the strategy and roadmap and ensure its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans
- Supervise the local technology Infrastructure team and oversee assigned tasks, project deliverables and operational issues
- Provide oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support
- Provide oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management
- Ensure comprehensive disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place
- Bachelor's in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience, with 10 or more years of experience in IT and business/industry
- Financial services industry experience is a must
- Extensive knowledge of data center operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data center applications, client/server computing, and production operations support
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in supervising IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to technology and business leaders
- 5+ years technical knowledge of VMware View, vCenter and related virtualization technologies.
- Experience managing/supporting a production VMware View & Virtual Center environment
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows technologies, Active Directory, SCCM, SharePoint, NetAPP and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Ability to drive organizational change and build infrastructure capabilities
- Exceptional supervisory skills with the ability to develop and communicate the defined vision and align to the IT and business strategy