In-House Legal Counsel
Consultant Jonathan Berry
Date posted 07 August 2018Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
Student.com are looking for a highly driven, self-motivated person with first rate communication skills to join their team as Legal Counsel. Your role will be to provide legal advice and direction in relation to all aspects of the business with the support and guidance of the General Counsel.
You will advise on a wide range of legal and governance issues and have excellent exposure to the executive team and senior management. You will be comfortable working and making decisions at speed, and embrace the pace of a fast-growing tech company.
With over one million beds in more than 400 cities and in close proximity to 1,000 universities, Student.com offer the best choice of quality housing options. To date, they’ve helped students from more than 130 countries find their perfect homes. Student.com are an exciting, growing tech company with offices in Austin, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, London, Shanghai and Sydney.
They are a team that combines unparalleled experience in growing successful digital businesses with some of the most exciting young professionals working in technology today.
- Implement commercial, legal and contractual strategies consistent with the long-term interests of the business.
- Highlight and mitigate key risks to the business through the use of innovative legal solutions.
- Working with senior management to formulate the best deal terms for key sales and/or purchase agreements.
- Advise on, negotiate and draft a wide range of commercial contracts, marketing agreements, IP & software licences, and partnership & distribution agreements.
- Advise and support on IP, data protection, trademark strategy and brand protection globally.
- Provide support in relation to HR and employment law processes and internal issues.
- Assist in the resolution of conflicts and disputes with customers, website users and suppliers.
- Advise on a range of corporate matters including M&A, strategic partnerships and corporate finance.
- Provide legal and risk management training to teams in all offices.
Skills & Experience
- 2-6 years PQE
- English Law or other common law jurisdiction qualified.
- In-house experience (either full time or secondment from a top tier law firm) preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience in corporate, commercial, or IP preferred but applicants with experience in all relevant legal practice areas will be considered.