Category Manager (Skincare)
Consultant Ohood Sabbagh
Date posted 15 October 2018Burj Daman Dubai 506851 Robert Walters Middle East
An exciting Category Manager (Skincare) role has just arisen with a Multinational Company (Retail) in Dubai, UAE.
- Creating and developing long term plan and strategy for development of the Skincare category.
- Monitoring market trends.
- Monitor stock availability vs plan and ensure that it is in line with the forecast and evolving with the set limits of the rolling forecast.
- Manage stock and performance vs. set KPIs.
- Set category objectives.
- Leading the category to optimize the product offer and related merchandizing.
- Review of Brand & Category Planograms ( shelving ) ensure optimal assortments which deliver highest return of sales & profitability.
- Develop and implement Skincare calendar and ensure its proper implementation along with the new product launches, new stores and brand expansions. To ensure planning of existing, new and exclusive ranges across all stores.
- Data analysis of category performance, ensuring strong understanding of SKU level performance by Store.
- Develop KPI reports to keep management up to date on the category development that includes Niche/ Newness and key pillars.
- Maintain close coordination and communication with brands for the implementation of brand guidelines in line with the retail strategy.
- Set the category guidelines and coach and control the team on the implementation.
- Negotiate and implement legal agreements with existing and new brands.
- Ensure Ecommerce platforms are properly catered to from a category level and have a clearly defined assortment in place.
- Manage Skincare in store animation calendar on regional level.
- Own the Skincare category annual budget / market/ brand.
- Work on assortment Optimization and provide assortment strategy.
- Ensure forecast accuracy and define most relevant product mix for category at SKU level.
- Provides sellout forecast to Supply Chain on SKU level and secure optimal stock levels.
- Secure optimal sell through against forecast for all launches.
- Manage a large portfolio of brands and develop appropriate strategy for each.
- Regular space performance review and subsequent adjustment for slow sellers and poor performing SKU’s to deliver optimal productivity for both Niche and classic lines.
- Report monthly KPI’s on Skincare Turnover vs budget and development on category markets.
- Quarterly Category Review on category performance building on monthly KPI’s including animation, thematics, PR and CRM Results.
- Performance tracking on achievements and budget.
- Develop strong working relationship with marketing, supply chain and operations team.
- Liaise and cooperate with all different functional departments ensuring timely and proper execution of launches, animations, thematics and expansions.
- Set and manage the Co Media Budget (if any) spend as per Skincare and brand relevance.
- Ensure correct spend and correct budget.
- Ensure brand participation in PR events and follow up on execution with relevant participating brands.
- Build a strong offer and define brand /SKU selection for brand thematics.
- Ensure availability of stock and support the monthly animation plan for the Skincare category.
- Organize new brand launches in terms of administration collaboration with the marketing team.
- Provide guidance and direction to the team, including setting performance KPIs and monitoring performance.
- Identify development needs of the team and coach them to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Must have retail experience within Skincare
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Experience in engaging with suppliers
- Strong analytic and communication (Oral and written) skills
- Strong leadership skills and team management
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Ideally experience within GCC