Consultant Ohood Sabbagh
Date posted 06 November 20192019-11-06 2020-01-05 retail Qatar Airport Rd, Umm Ghuwailina St QA 00000 AED 25000 28000 28000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ae https://www.robertwalters.ae/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We are currently looking for a Buyer to work for a Luxury Department Store in Qatar.
- Create and execute buying product strategy through research, selection and purchasing products.
- Build and maintain relations with suppliers and manage price negotiation.
- Negotiate terms with vendors to improve gross margin.
- Ensure clear communication with suppliers and brands to meet deadlines.
- Work alongside the buying director and keep the team updated on orders through weekly reports.
- Update an international market appraisal related to Qatar pricing and key international markets.
- Update inventory and ensure stocks levels are appropriate.
- Analyse the market trends, sales turnover and gross profits.
- Liaise with design team for brand layouts in store.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Buyer within Fashion retail.
- Strong communication skills and maintaining relations with the brands.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft).
- Candidate must speak/read/write English fluently (French would be a plus).
- Good knowledge of Arabic culture, market and local fashion trends is highly valued.
- Candidate must be flexible to travel.