Head of Events – Government Entity
Location Abu DhabiFULL_TIME
Consultant Jean Karim Vandenberghe
Date posted 19 May 20192019-05-20 2019-07-18 public-sector-and-housing Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE AED 15000 20000 20000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ae https://www.robertwalters.ae/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
We are currently looking to recruit for Head of Events to work for a Government Entity in Abu Dhabi.
- Define and execute the company’s strategy (long term & short term) that aligns with the company’s political and economic interest alongside the company’s vision and values while receiving feedback from the advisory council.
- Manage the teams and monitor their performance while ensuring high level of engagement and managing their programs, actions plans and providing feedback in a motivational environment
- Manage the recruitment process and provide training and development programs for key positions within the team
- Manage the migration strategies (business performance) and the company’s budget as per approval. Oversee the budget allocation and financial performance (identify gaps)
- Manage the objectives and strategies for operations, content, marketing and communications to deliver according to the business plan
- Manage the opening ceremonies and award ceremonies, focusing on the budget, resource gaps and mitigation strategies while working alongside agencies. Provide briefing to the agencies and ensuring all the requirements and objectives are being met
- Manage the content development for the ceremonies and ensuring the targeted message is aligned with the company’s objectives
- Manage the teams involved in events and ceremonies such as content creation, operations, promotion and onsite management
- When required, manage the key relationships and negotiations with internal/ external stakeholders.
- Ensure all the tasks and reports are completed within the required time frame
- Overlook the implementation of security policies, procedures and controls while ensuring maximum security is implemented to protect all assets on information, devise and workstations.
- Ensuring all workstation are logged off by the end of the day according to policy
- Candidate must have a Bachelors/ Master’s degree in marketing or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in events management in the UAE
- Strong knowledge of the rules, policies and regulations in the UAE market
- Strong in knowledge in budget management and team management
- Strong computer knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong ability to prioritize work/ projects and management skills
- Candidate should have strategic mindset and creative approach, ideally well networked
- Diploma from a Chartered Institute of Marketing would be a plus