Robert Walters and Pinsent Masons hosted long lunch with senior legal & HR professionals on the 17th June 2019 around Engaging the modern workforce.
The discussion focused on the challenges, opportunities and market solutions in relation to the engagement of modern workforce. Pinsent Masons survey below shows what the Gen Z (1997 – 2016) are in the workplace.
- 72% prefer face to face communication
- 69% prefer their own workspace (no hot-desking)
- 77% expect to work harder than previous generation
- 75% expect to hold multiple roles at an organisation
- 36% say equality is the most important cause they want their employer to support
- 72% consider racial equality to be most important issue today
- 80% prefer to work in a midsize or large company
- Managing Millennials
- Creating a committed and sustainable workforce
- Implementing different working arrangements
In conclusion, the aim of the modern workforce is to be financially stable and find a dream job. They are also seen to be empowering the work culture and potential for career growth through communication and problem solving.
To find out when our next event will be held or to discuss any recruitment needs, please contact:
Jonathan Berry, Senior Manager at Robert Walters
Tel: +971 4 818 0112